- India’s Muslims | Will they overtake Hindus| New Book busts Myths | Barkha DuttThat India’s Muslims will one day overtake Hindus is one of the most common myths around Muslims and the Population Data. In his new book, former Chief Election Commissioner SY Quraishi uses hard numbers to clinically call out some of most common falsehoods around the high growth rate within the Muslim community.
- Wrong to say family planning is a conspiracy in Islam & right-wing groups want more kids for HindusMuslims have far less access to family planning services than people of other religions, the debate on polygamy is misguided as it is not prevalent in India, literacy rates of girls is directly proportional to lower birthrates and the slogan by some right-wing groups “hum paanch, hamare pachees” is an abomination, says former Chief Election Commissioner Dr S Y Quraishi in this interview with ThePrint’s National Affairs editor Jyoti Malhotra. Dr Quraishi was talking about his book ‘The Population Myth : Islam, family planning and politics in India’ in ThePrint’s #SoftCover series in collaboration with Harper Collins India.
- Busting population myths with Dr SY Quraishi | On The RecordIn the latest episode of On The Record with Hindustan Times’ Sunetra Choudhury speaks to former chief election commissioner Dr. SY Quraishi. The former CEC busts population myths. Dr. Quraishi talks about polygamy behind the population explosion and how Muslims are not the most polygamous.
- Count All VVPAT Slips, Make Info on EVM-VVPAT Public: Ex-CECThe Quint
By Poonam Agarwal
- ‘Count VVPAT slips, not EVM tallies’The Statesman
By Vijay Thakur
- Neelanjan Sircar on Narendra Modi’s politics: ‘Murkier the data, easier it is to control narrative’Scroll.in
By Rohan Venkataramakrishnan
- Pakistan polls saw no-holds-barred debates, brutal criticism of government: QuraishiScroll.in
By Devesh K. Pandey