- Let’s Talk Policy: How to clean up elections?Kautilya School of Public Policy
- Muslims taking to family planning faster than Hindus; Polygamy a myth: Former CEC SY QuraishiMoneycontrol
Published by Harper Collins, the 299-page book cites verses from the Quran to argue how Islam, contrary to the widespread belief within and outside the community, has been the frontrunner of the concept of family planning.
- Islam is not hostile to family planning, Muslims are least polygamous: Former CEC SY QuraishiFree Press Journal
Declaring that the time has come to bust “myths created by Hindutva groups” to demonise Muslims, former chief election commissioner S Y Quraishi says Islam is not hostile to the concept of family planning and Muslims are the least polygamous among all communities in India
- Time to call the bluff, bust myths created by Hindutva groups to demonise Muslims: S.Y. QuraishiThe Hindu
Declaring that the time has come to bust “myths created by Hindutva groups” to demonise Muslims, former chief election commissioner S.Y. Quraishi says Islam is not hostile to the concept of family planning and Muslims are the least polygamous among all communities in India.
- SY Quraishi reveals the truth about Our numbers & Their numbersThe Tribune
Nested within that large number of 1.38 billion people who comprise a country called India are other counts reflecting the presence of innumerable communities. From these, two particular sets of numbers need to be disentangled: those of Hindus in India, and those of Muslims. The populations of the two communities have become a source of manufactured anxiety at a mass level. In a profound sense, they have come to define the communally polarised politics of our times.
- Muslims are the least polygamous, data proves it, says former CEC QuraishiThe Siasat Daily
In an exclusive interview with Delhi-based news portal Clarion India, the former Chief Election Commissioner talks about his new book that busts myths about Islam and family planning. He says right-wing claims about Muslim population have no basis.
- India’s Muslims | Will they overtake Hindus| New Book busts Myths | Barkha DuttThat India’s Muslims will one day overtake Hindus is one of the most common myths around Muslims and the Population Data. In his new book, former Chief Election Commissioner SY Quraishi uses hard numbers to clinically call out some of most common falsehoods around the high growth rate within the Muslim community.
- Wrong to say family planning is a conspiracy in Islam & right-wing groups want more kids for HindusMuslims have far less access to family planning services than people of other religions, the debate on polygamy is misguided as it is not prevalent in India, literacy rates of girls is directly proportional to lower birthrates and the slogan by some right-wing groups “hum paanch, hamare pachees” is an abomination, says former Chief Election Commissioner Dr S Y Quraishi in this interview with ThePrint’s National Affairs editor Jyoti Malhotra. Dr Quraishi was talking about his book ‘The Population Myth : Islam, family planning and politics in India’ in ThePrint’s #SoftCover series in collaboration with Harper Collins India.
- Busting population myths with Dr SY Quraishi | On The RecordIn the latest episode of On The Record with Hindustan Times’ Sunetra Choudhury speaks to former chief election commissioner Dr. SY Quraishi. The former CEC busts population myths. Dr. Quraishi talks about polygamy behind the population explosion and how Muslims are not the most polygamous.
- Count All VVPAT Slips, Make Info on EVM-VVPAT Public: Ex-CECThe Quint
By Poonam Agarwal
- ‘Count VVPAT slips, not EVM tallies’The Statesman
By Vijay Thakur
- Neelanjan Sircar on Narendra Modi’s politics: ‘Murkier the data, easier it is to control narrative’Scroll.in
By Rohan Venkataramakrishnan
- Pakistan polls saw no-holds-barred debates, brutal criticism of government: QuraishiScroll.in
By Devesh K. Pandey